All commissions for sales made through this site are donated to the Apache Software Foundation.
Learn to install and run Apache Server 2.0 - even for the first time
Effectively install, configure, and administer the latest version of Apache with help from this practical introductory guide. You'll find all the information you need to get up to speed on running Apache in a variety of environments - including Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X. Filled with straightforward advice on basic topics such as locating and downloading Apache to more advanced topics that include daily administration and proxy configuration, this hands-on resource is ideal for administrators who are new to this powerful Web server. Written by an Apache expert, this book offers insider tips on potential security issues and contains valuable troubleshooting techniques. For clear instructions for bringing Apache's speed, reliability, and scalability to your network, this guide is exactly what you need.
- Choose the right source code package for your operating system
- Identify and remove prior servers
- Configure and test Apache after installation
- Learn daily administration tasks - reading logs, load balancing, and performance tuning
- Build and enable image maps
- Find and close security holes by utilizing firewalls and proxies
- Determine whether to host virtual domains
- Get tips for troubleshooting and preview advanced Apache topics including CGI and e-commerce
|Amazon.com||Barnes & Noble|