|The Apache Modules Book||Jan 2007||ISBN-0132409674|
|All commissions for sales made through this site are donated to the Apache Software Foundation.|
Apache is more than the world's most popular Web server—it's also an extraordinarily powerful and extensible development platform. Now, ApacheTutor.org's Nick Kew has written The Apache Modules Book, the first start-to-finish, example-rich guide for every developer who wants to make the most of Apache.
Kew begins with detailed, accessible introductions to Apache's architecture and API, then illuminates all the techniques you'll need, from request processing through code security. He brings together the best of both worlds: powerful C-based techniques for accomplishing tasks Perl or PHP can't handle, implemented with tools that deliver all the productivity you'd expect from higher-level languages.
Utilizing realistic code samples, Kew introduces techniques documented in no other book-and, often, nowhere else at all.
- Using Apache Portable Runtime (APR) to streamline C development and avoid its pitfalls
- Leveraging Apache DBD to build applications far more scalable than classic LAMP software
- Working with the latest Apache 2.x features: filter modules, XML support, and smart proxies
- Mastering best practices, from thread safety to multi-platform development
- Utilizing the Apache Authentication Framework
- Tracing and debugging problems in both Apache and your custom modules
|Amazon.com||Barnes & Noble||Book Sense||Powells.com|